Common Admission Test is a national level management entrance exam conducted by IIM and its scores are used for admission to various management institutes across the country. The students who has completed their Bachelor’s degree or appearing for final year of Bachelor’ degree are eligible to appear for the same.
Common Entrance Test or CAT analyses the skills of the aspirant in four sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Verbal Ability
- Logical & Analytical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
It is also a test of time management.
CAT 2017 schedule is as follows:
- 9th August 2017 – Registration Beginning Date
- 20th September 2017 – Registration Ending Date
- 18th October 2017 – Admit Card
- 26th November 2017 – Final Exam
Colleges accepting CAT scores are:
- IIM Bangalore
- IIM Ahmedabad
- IIM Calcutta
- IIT Delhi
- Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
- IIT, Kanpur
- Symbiosis, Pune
- FMS, Delhi
- NMIMS, Mumbai
- Welingkar, Mumbai
- IPS BUSINESS SCHOOL, Jaipur and many more.
Getting the concepts right and dedicating maximum practice time is the key to crack these exams. However, before appearing for the exams, it is important to keep in mind a few significant things like:
- Create a list of target colleges
- Know what you will be tested on
- Do not ignore the reading time
- Focus on accuracy rather than the number of questions
- Allot time for each section or each question
- Revise concepts, formulas and current issues.